APPLICATION TO AND ADMISSION IN DISTANCE EDUCATION MASTER’S DEGREE WITHOUT THESIS PROGRAMS
Documents required for application to distance education master’s degree without thesis programs:
- ALES (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Test) score document with a minimum of 65 standard points.
- The original or notary certified copy of undergraduate diploma
If the undergraduate degree diploma is received in a foreign country, a certificate of equivalence issued by the Turkish Higher Education Council is also required.
- The original or notary certified copy of undergraduate transcript
If the applicant did not receive his/her undergraduate degree at Gazi University, his/her graduation grades will be recalculated according to the grade conversion table of the university he/she graduated from.
- If available, the original or notary certified copy of the foreign language test score document (UDS, KPDS, or other test if its equivalency is recognized by the Interuniversity Council).
- Certified copy of the National ID card with T.C. ID number
- 2 portrait pictures
- E-mail address
Other requirements are to be determined and announced by the Social Sciences Institute Administrative Board.
Admission in Distance Education Master’s Degree without Thesis Programs:
Applicants are ranked according the weighted average of their ALES score (50%), undergraduate degree graduation point average (25%), and if available, foreign language test score (25%). There is no written or oral exam for admission in distance education master’s degree without thesis programs.
FINAL ADMISSION SCORE = ALES SCORE (50%) + UNDERGRADUATE GPA (25%) + FOREIGN LANGUAGE SCORE (25%).
*Foreign language score is considered 0 if no applicable test score is available.
The announced quota for each distance education master’s degree program is filled by ranking the applicants according to their final admission scores. No applicants are admitted above the announced quota.
Documents required for final registration if the applicant is admitted in a distance education master’s degree without thesis program:
- 4 portrait pictures
- Bank receipt showing that the student tuition is paid.
- Residency document
- ID number and one portrait picture scanned as jpg file and saved on a CD.