APPLICATION TO AND ADMISSION IN DOCTORAL PROGRAMS
Documents required for application in doctoral programs:
- ALES (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Test) score document with a minimum of 70 standard points.
- The originals or notary certified copies of undergraduate and postgraduate (master’s) degree diplomas.
- It is required to have a postgraduate (master’s) degree diploma in the major associated with the doctoral program.
- If the postgraduate (master’s) degree diploma is received in a foreign country, a certificate of equivalence issued by the Turkish Higher Education Council is also required.
- Document showing that the postgraduate (master’s) program graduation grade point average is at least 2.5 or above on a scale of 4.
- The original of ÜDS (Interuniversity Council Foreign Language Test) or KPDS (Public Personnel Foreign Language Test) score document with a minimum of 55 points; or the original or notary certified copy of other foreign language test (its equivalence must be recognized by the Interuniversity Council) score document.
(Foreign Language Test Score Equivalence Table)
- Certified copy of the National ID card with T.C. ID number.
- 2 portrait pictures
- E-mail address
Other requirements are to be determined and announced by the Social Sciences Institute Administrative Board.
Admission to the Doctoral Degree Programs:
Applicants are ranked according the weighted average of their ALES score (50%), postgraduate degree graduation point average (15%), and foreign language test score (15%) and those who will be accepted to the written exam are determined according to the following criteria: the number of applicants who will be accepted to the written exam cannot be more than three times the available/announced quota for a particular doctoral degree program.
After the written exam, each applicant’s final admission score is calculated in the following way:
FINAL ADMISSION SCORE = ALES SCORE (50%) + POSTGRADUATE GPA (15%) + FOREIGN LANGUAGE SCORE (15%) + WRITTEN EXAM SCORE (20%).
Those applicants whose final admission score is below 70 points are considered unsuccessful and are not admitted to the doctoral program for which they have applied.
Those applicants whose final admission scores are equal are ranked first by their ALES scores, than by their postgraduate degree graduation point averages, and finally by their written exam or foreign language test scores.
Those applicants who did not take the written exam are not considered for admission.
Documents required for final registration:
- 4 portrait pictures
- Bank receipt showing that the student tuition is paid.
- Residency document
- ID number and one portrait picture scanned as jpg file and saved on a CD.